Sunday, September 16, 2012

more pictures. . .

5 - the noodle restaurant where we ate dinner (the one with the lanterns hanging), called 4 Seasons Noodle House (or something like that) - 2 big bowls of beef noodle soup cost us 21 yuan which is about $3.50. . .we asked the hotel concierge to recommend a noodle restaurant, and this is the one he sent us to.  He wrote the Chinese characters down for us so we could find it.  And I learned something interesting. . .some of the Chinese characters are also used in Japanese writing.  They mean the same thing in both languages, but they don't sound the same when they are pronounced.  (I'm not sure I explained that very well, but anyway. . .)  So when they said the name of the restaurant it didn't mean anything to Ed, but when they wrote the characters, he could read that the characters said "Four Seasons Noodle."  (Jen and Christine, you are probably laughing at me right now!)
6 - a t-shirt I found at a store we were poking around in - I thought the message was very surprising. . .and a very good reminder!

7 - a snack we picked up at a store down the street - they're Oreos with flavored middles.  I'm not usually a big Oreo fan, but I couldn't resist trying these.  Not sure what the middle flavoring is - Ed thinks maybe green tea or melon. . .either one sounds yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment