Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lili's birthday

Today is Lili's birthday - she is four years old today.  I wish we could spend this day with her.  I doubt birthdays are celebrated at the orphanage where she lives.  It will probably be simply another typical Sunday for her today.  At one point, I had hoped that we might meet her on her birthday.  But when I expressed that thought to Ed, he said, "It would probably be the scariest birthday she's ever had."  And he was right.  I selfishly thought it would be fun to meet her on her birthday, but it probably wouldn't make for a fun birthday for her.  So I hope that there is something special in store for her today where she is.  And tomorrow is significant as well.  It was the day she was found on the lawn in Huigong Square.  And it will be the day that she finds her family.
On another note, the front desk just called to tell us our luggage is here!  Not just here in Shenyang, but here in the hotel!  Praise the Lord!!  Thank you for your prayers!  The Lord is definitely with us here in Shenyang!

3 comments:

Kristen M. said...

Hooray for your luggage! I still think that you should run back and get that t-shirt "tell me your secrets" because that would make the best ever white elephant gift at Christmas. I know that you have other things on your mind though. :) Anyways, it is so awesome that God has answered our prayers and I know he is going to give Lili a special birthday. Praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jill and Ed ..... oh my it took a lot of asking around to figure out how to reply to your blogs but Liane was helpful and it looks like I made it . You write so beautifully and tell us everything we want to know .... thank you for being so open with us. Tears stream down my face and I feel like I am walking in your shoes ....I am so sorry you felt sick .... and couldn't sleep ....meanwhile Ed was probably sleeping like a baby..... Men!! But thankful if he did. Wouldn't want both of you to be sleepless in China!!! Guess you didn't pack any sleepaic. Next time !! Can't wait to read next blog with little Lili with you...10 more minutes.. LOL and prayers Karen

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to edit .....spelled LeeAnne's name wrong .... and the word was sleepaid ...not sleepaic which probably isn't even a word. Jennifer also helped me .... at this point you probably don't care about any of these comments but I always like to make sure people know I know my own mistakes ..... : ) If all went well you should be with Lili right now ..... love karen again.... big Hi to daddy Ed by the way ..... oxoxoxo

Post a Comment