Monday, September 17, 2012

a peaceful night

Our first night was very peaceful and sweet.  Lili took quite a while to settle down and fall asleep, but she wasn't upset, just fidgety and playful.  And affectionate - she kept giving me kisses.  Although we first laid down at about 8:30, she didn't fall asleep until 10:30 or so.  I think I actually fell asleep before she did.  We all slept peacefully until about 2:30, when I woke up, wide awake.  It must have been the Lord waking me up, readying me, because about 10 minutes later, Lili fell out of bed!  Thankfully, the beds are pretty low to the ground.  She didn't cry out at all, just looked a bit bewildered.  I picked her up and tried to reassure her - it must have been disorienting - but she didn't seem upset.  But she was wide awake.  And fidgety, playful, and affectionate all over again.  I was glad to be already wide awake - I was able to enjoy her antics and cuddling with her and to try to help her settle back down again.  But it took quite a while.  She finally fell back to sleep at 4:30, and is still out.  We have yet to see any tears from our sweet girl!  I'm sure they will come sooner or later, but we are enjoying her cheerful personality and her willing affection.  What a joy she is! 

1 comments:

lapinner said...

I am so glad that you at least got some sleep last night and that Lili seems to be doing so well. I hope you have a lovely day together. My kids loved all the pictures. Cant wait to see more! How is Ed feeling this morning?

Post a Comment