Wednesday, September 19, 2012

first bath

Ok, not actually the first bath - Monday night she did get in the tub for a little while to play with her bath toys and I gave her a quick wash.  But I didn't attempt to wash her hair.  I was afraid it would be traumatic!  I guess I was worried for nothing.  She thought the whole process was absolutely hilarious (as she seems to think so many things are) and she giggled and giggled the whole time.  She whimpered for a couple of seconds when some water got into her eyes while we were rinsing her hair, but generally she seemed to enjoy having water poured over her head.  She even did it to herself several times!  I made the mistake of using one of the hotel's glass cups to pour the water over her at first. . .in her excitement she grabbed it out of my hand with her slippery and soapy hands and when I tried to retrieve it, it ended up breaking against the edge of the tub.  Thankfully, it broke to the outside of the tub instead of the inside, so she was safe from the shards.  She also loved to grab onto the rail on the side of the tub and try to climb the wall!  Her foster mother warned us when we visited her that Lili likes to climb!  So although Lili had a wonderful time in the tub, it was a bit of a nerve wracking event for me!  She also loved drinking the bath water.  I kept saying "yucky" and pretending to spit water out of my mouth to encourage her to stop, which she found very funny (surprise, surprise), and then proceeded to drink and spit, drink and spit, giggling the whole time.
We have found that Lili's favorite exclamation is "ah yoo!" (or something like that).  Tracy tells us that it means something like "oops!"  It seems to be useful in so many situations!    We've started using it too, so much of our day is punctuated with a resounding "ah yoo!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment